Friday, May 4, 2012

Mt. Chocorua...BAREFOOT




So the barefoot hike on Mt Chocorua was an overall success. I did sustain a couple of small cuts on my feet but overall I was very surprised at how my feet handled the excursion

The day was perfect. Not too hot and not a single cloud in the sky.

It was interesting to see ice on the hike above a certain altitude and to walk on such cold ground with confidence was refreshing. Usually the concern with ice is slipping and taking a gnarly fall but without shoes on this really isn't a concern. The sensation of walking on up a 3 thousand plus foot mountain without shoes is a great one!

I will certainly have to develop my feet more though if i expect to be hiking barefoot regularly. The last 3 miles of the hike were very uncomfortable. It was as if my feet were becoming hypersensitive to the ground and terrain that would not usually cause discomfort began to.

For a couple of days after the hike my feet were quite sore. I had the sensation of pins and needles in my feet and a couple of bruised areas. Still this is no big deal considering what I put them through. It goes to show exactly how much our feet can handle!

Ill upload some more photos from the hike soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment